Add something to cart :)
Many companies use advanced finite element analysis to calculate design stresses, but the fatigue analysis is often still done by manually picking stress points for spread-sheet analysis. This is time consuming and unreliable because it s easy to miss failure locations. Component validation by fatigue testing a prototype design in the test lab is time-consuming. If the prototype fails prematurely, a costly, open-ended cycle of design-test-redesign is required. Project time-scales slip and delivery is late.
In the automotive industry some 40% of the total development cost is spent making prototype parts. In the medical industry an unexpected failure can mean the loss of several months lead-time over competitors.
fe-safe is a highly effective tool for fatigue analysis of Finite Element models.
With fe-safe as an integrated part of your design process, you have the ability to optimise designs and test programs, reduce prototype test times product recalls and warranty costs - all with increased confidence that your product designs pass their test schedules as right first time .
* calculates fatigue lives at every point on a model, producing contour plots to reveal fatigue lives and crack sites. Critical points need not be missed.
* determines how much the stresses must be changed in order to achieve a target design life showing clearly where the component is under strength, or where material and weight can be saved
* estimates warranty claim curves based on probabilities of failure
* calculates which parts of the service duty are most damaging and which could be omitted from a fatigue test
* identifies non-critical loads at significant points on a model. In prototype testing this could mean tests using fewer loads and therefore fewer actuators