Add something to cart :)
gPROMS is a platform for high-fidelity predictive modelling for the process industries. Its main applications are in model-based engineering activities for process and equipment development and design, and optimisation of process operations.
gPROMS is applied by major process and technology organisations throughout the world, across many application areas in all process sectors. It is also used for research and teaching at 200 academic institutions worldwide.
At the heart of the gPROMS platform is the gPROMS ModelBuilder, the leading custom modelling environment for the process industries. ModelBuilder's process modelling, process simulation and optimisation capabilities are used to generate high-accuracy predictive information for decision support in product and process innovation, design and operation.
gPROMS platform products have many major advantages over other comparable modelling software:
* Support for multiscale modelling, meaning - for example - that it is possible to create a reactor model that takes into account all phenomena from mass transfer in the catalyst pore to full-scale equipment effects simultaneously
* Custom modelling capabilities that allow the development, execution and maintenance of high-fidelity models of a wide range of equipment
* The abilty to apply such high-fidelity unit models within a full process flowsheet
* Estimation of equipment or process empirical parameters from experimental - laboratory, pilot or operational - data, with estimates of data uncertainty for risk analysis
* Steady-state and dynamic modelling within the same environment
* The ability to perform many different activities using the same underlying model
* Support for scale-up from minimal experimental data to full equipment, using hybrid modelling technologies where necessary.