Add something to cart :)
The Weldments toolset in SolidWorks helps you quickly design complex welded or bolted structures, and in this course Gabriel Corbett shows you how to get the most out of it. With simple 2D and 3D sketches, he demonstrates how to add various material types from the preloaded structural member's library and build a welded structure. From there, he covers corner options like miter and butt joints, material-positioning options like flipping and mirroring, and options for aligning and connecting the structural members.
See how to build assemblies from weldments and add gussets, weld beads, and end caps. Then find out how to automatically generate documentation such as weldment cut lists and weld tables to add to your drawings. To wrap up the course, Gabriel offers tips and tricks for fabricating your finished design, such as using standard-sized materials for quick and easy production.
* What are weldments, and why use them?
* Creating construction planes and sketching in 2D and 3D
* Adding structural members
* Flipping and mirroring
* Working with joints, braces, and brackets
* Creating custom profiles
* Making an assembly from a weldment
* Adding in weld beads
* Creating a basic weldment drawing
* Including a weld table
* Preparing for fabrication