Add something to cart :)
Designers and engineers often work together on products, architectural and engineering projects, signage, and product packaging. They don't use the same software, but they have to share assets to get the job done. This course provides a variety of options for sharing and exchanging files between the designer's home turf, Illustrator, and CAD programs like AutoCAD and SketchUp. Author William Everhart shows how to export CAD files, open them in Illustrator, and handle conversion issues. And vice versa: He'll also show how to prep Illustrator files for conversion to the CAD format, and provide some workarounds for using PDF and SVG files.
* Working with scale drawings
* Opening DWG and DXF files with Illustrator
* Importing files from SketchUp
* Preparing Illustrator artwork for export
* Using plugins in Illustrator